Once we leave our teenage years, I feel like we all say the same thing right around the end of December. And that saying is, “Boy, this year really did fly by!” The same can be said for 2016. 2016 has definitely had its ups and downs and of course that impacts education. But, I think it is safe to say that 2016 can take a hot shower and go to bed. Here are my top 10 posts of 2016, according to you.
- 3 Ways to a More Equitable Classroom
- Creating a Classroom
- Being a Young Black Male Teacher
- Your Young Students Aren’t Babies
- #TeacherBae and Professionalism
- I Hate My Students
- Getting Rid of My Teacher’s Desk
- Alton Sterling and Facts
- On Complexion and Kendrick Lamar – Part II
- Why My First Year of Teaching Was My Favorite
Like I’ve said before, teachers are gifted the luxury of having two “New Years”. One is at the start of the school year and the other is our traditional calendar year. So, I hope you take this opportunity to re-visit some of your goals from the beginning of the school year and perhaps make a few new ones on December 31st.
Good luck and let us all finish the second half of this school year strong!
Share this Post